What You Should Know About Comments on theultraviolet.com
The UltraViolet is happy to provide a forum for reader interaction, discussion, feedback and reaction to our stories. However, we reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.
Here are the rules:
· Keep your comments civil. Don’t insult one another or the subjects of our articles. If you think a comment violates our guidelines click the “report abuse” button to notify the moderators. Responding to the comment will only encourage bad behavior.
· Don’t use profanities, vulgarities or hate speech.
· Do not attack other users; focus your comments on issues, not individuals.
· Stay on topic. Only post comments relevant to the article at hand.
· Do not copy and paste outside material into the comment box.
· Don’t repeat the same comment over and over. We understand the first time.
· Do not use the commenting system for advertising. That’s spam and it isn’t allowed.
· Don’t use all capital letters. That’s akin to yelling.
You should also know that The UV does screen comments before they are posted. If you have any concerns or comments, you may notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the headline on which the comment is made and tell us the profile name of the user who made the comment. Remember, comment moderation is subjective. You may find some material objectionable that we won’t and vice versa.
Comment guidelines derived from sacbee.com